What are we about?

No Life Too Small (NLTS) is committed to praying for all babies and their families in the Neonatal Intensive Care Units. Our goal is to unite those babies with prayer warriors from around the world! By partnering with us through prayer, you become part of something so much bigger than ourselves!!

When a baby receives one of our blankets, they receive the tangible element of our prayers for them. Sewn inside each blanket is a personalized, handwritten prayer specifically for that baby!

Share your story, or the story of someone you love...Request a blanket...Make a donation....Become a prayer partner....Do SOMETHING to get involved and then let's watch God do something Big!

Because all LIFE is worth loving...

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Zachary's Story and How NLTS Began

The idea for No Life Too Small was really birthed on the day I found out my son could possibly be born early. I didn't know about NLTS until several months later; but when I think back, I see clearly that God prepared my heart for something beyond those days.

On October 23, 2007, a prayer movement began that changed my life! I was admitted into the hospital with the understanding that I was 24 weeks pregnant, 6cm dilated and spotting...not a very good diagnosis. From Day 1, my church family supported and encouraged us through prayer...it was easy to see that God was in control of all things!

After a few days on the Labor Delivery floor at Woman and Infants Hospital waiting for the impending birth of my firstborn, we received the news that although Zachary was perfectly happy snuggled in the womb, he could no longer stay there due to an infection from placental abruption.

There are some things in life I will never forget...The sound of my son's first cry into the world, while still in the womb, is one of them.

Zachary Kyle Wasson was born October 26, 2007 at 1 pound 12 ounces.

My miracle...my son...amazed me every day! To see God's handiwork right there in front of me...something I think a lot of us take for granted. How amazing that God knows all of our parts...He knows all about us before we even physically exist...He knows us intimately...He is the Author of every day...Zachary was an inspiring reminder of all these things and he continues to be.

Zachary passed away on November 12, 2007...just 18 days after his entry into the world. He will forever be remembered as our firstborn son, a miracle baby that did more than survive...He upgraded his life for a life with His Creator.

Our hearts hurt daily longing to hold him...but we know, because of Zachary, that God is in control and orchestrates things in our lives not to hurt us in any way, but to grow us up IN Him...to be used FOR Him...I can't think of anything more rewarding.

When we've been comforted, the Bible calls us to comfort others. "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all COMFORT, Who COMFORTS us in all our afflictions, so that we may be able to COMFORT those who are in any affliction, with the COMFORT with which we ourselves are COMFORTED by God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

NICU days are long and hard...up and down...hopeful then helpless...I figure, that if prayer worked for me, it can and will most certainly work for you as well...If you've received a blanket from us, there's a prayer sewn inside for your baby...It's whatever the person who made the blanket had in their heart while they were putting it together for your little one. I hope that you will be blessed by this small gesture during a difficult time. Know that our prayers do not stop when the blanket is complete, we continue to pray earnestly for you!

Allow us to pray for you...Become involved by sharing your story...Become a prayer partner...

...I will certainly be blessed through sharing my heart through this ministry...I pray that you will be too!

love,

Jaclyn
Mommy to Zachary Kyle
No Life Too Small

1 comment:

  1. wow. so encouraged to see you doing Good with your suffering and beginning this ministry which is so desperately needed for hurting parents....thank you for sharing the story of your sweet son. our daughter Sydney joined him with Jesus just two weeks later after yours and it is also comforting to find another momma who, while aching and longing for their precious little one, is choosing to glorify God in the midst of it all! looks like we were walking through the "valley" about the same time in 2007. prayers and blessings to your family...

    ReplyDelete